COVID-19 Resources for Craft Breweries
Updated: May 27, 2020
CURRENT STATUS: CCBA provides real-time updates to members on the status of re-opening. If you are interested in membership with the association, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
California ABC Regulatory Relief
- California ABC relaxed restrictions on
- The ABC also announced a 30-Day extensions on Annual License Renewal Fees and Late Renewal Penalty Fees
- Ongoing Q&A can be found on the ABC FAQs
California Tax Relief
- The California Department of Tax and Fee Administration (CDTFA) is offering a 90-day extension for sales and use tax returns and tax payments for all businesses filing a return for less than $1 million in taxes. See more info online here.
- CDTFA will also allow small business taxpayers to enter into 12-month, interest-free payment plans for up to $50,000 of sales and use tax liability. Info here. More info on state tax relief here and on state based loan options here. This includes EXCISE TAXES.
Excise tax refunds on “unmerchantable” beer:
CALIFORNIA: View form to submit for tax refunds via CDTFA here and additional information on filing for a refund here.
- FEDERAL: View full FAQ online here.
California Specific HR Q&A
- FAQs on layoffs, payroll unemployment
- State & Federal Resources
- EDD Unemployment Insurance for Workers with Reduced Hours
- Department of Labor: Questions about Family Medical Leave Act and Fair Labor standards act
- How to apply for Unemployment (EDD) in CA during the COVID-19 Crisis
- Guidance on Federal Families First Coronavirus Response Act
- Resources Available to Employees
- Worker benefits chart for employees who are impacted by COVID-19, including unemployment, disability, and paid sick leave: https://www.labor.ca.gov/coronavirus2019/#chart
- Labor and Workforce Development Agency’s primary website for COVID-19, including information on support services for workers and interim guidelines for protecting workers: https://www.labor.ca.gov/coronavirus2019/
Federal Relief Packages
- The IRS posted an explanation of the refundable tax credits available to small and midsize businesses that are required to provide the leave. Some additional guidance here.
- TTB delayed filing dates and other deadlines. Info here.
- US Department of Labor released guidance for employers on Families First Act and your new requirements as small businesses. Info here.
- The California Office of the Small Business Advocate is available to help businesses identify resources and obtain answers to key questions (to the extent known). They created a very user friendly page, “How We Can Help,” and continue to update a helpful FAQ for small businesses.
- Find your local small business assistance center through the California TA Providers Guide. At these state- and federally-funded business assistance centers, small businesses and nonprofits can access free one-on-one business and management counseling and training, including the discussion of options for accessing capital.
- California Small Business Development Centers has a resource page, which includes both state and federal information for small businesses: https://www.californiasbdc.org/covid19 There is also a California Resource Guide with detailed information about federal programs serving California, including the SBA Disaster Economic Injury Loan Program
- GO-Biz is hosting a COVID-19 resource webpage with links to the IBank, Labor and Workforce Agency, Franchise Tax Board, and Department of Tax and Fee Management: https://business.ca.gov/coronavirus-2019
- California Restaurant Resource Center HERE
- Brewers Association Resources HUB
- Google is offering free ad credit to some small businesses
- Resources for manufacturing hand sanitizer available via the FDA and the WHO.
If you have a resource to add to this list please email email@example.com.