Craft beer still healthy in mid-year report
The Brewers Association, the national trade group representing the craft brewing industry reported some mid-year statistics for the craft beer segment today. It looks good! Here they are:
- Number of U.S. breweries is the highest in 100 years because of small and independent craft brewers
- America’s small and independent craft brewers are still growing despite many challenges and are continuing to provide jobs to the U.S. economy
- Dollar growth from craft brewers during the first half of 2009 increased 9%, down from 11% growth during the same period in 2008
- Volume of craft brewed beer sold grew 5% for the first six months in 2009, compared to 6.5% growth in the first half of 2008
- Barrels sold by craft brewers for the first half of the year is an estimated 4.2 million, compared to 4 million barrels sold in the first half of 2008
Comments are closed.