Firestone Walker Brewery Dinner at the Monk’s Kettle
On Wednesday, November 4th The Monk’s Kettle continues their celebrated series of brewery dinners, hosting Firestone Walker brewer Matt Brynildson, to celebrate the release of Nectar Ales latest special release, “Black Xantus” and take a final taste of 2008’s “Firestone XXII.”
The dinner will feature six of Matt’s most intriguing creations:
1. DOUBLE BARREL ALE – The Firestone Walker flagship; a big, balanced, well-established staple on the West Coast craft beer scene.
2. LIL’ OPAL – A fun, mild saison-styled-ale with “extremely limited” availability.
3. WALKER’S RESERVE – A classic Robust Porter in the English tradition
4. BLACK XANTUS – An enormous, roasty and rich %11 ABV bourbon and wine barrel-aged “Imperial Java Stout” just released via Firestone’s sister label, Nectar Ales.
5. ABACUS – The award winning signature Bourbon Barrel-Aged Barleywine from Firestone that comes in at roughly %12 ABV.
6. FIRESTONE XXII (2008) – Firestone Walker’s annual melange of high-gravity, barrel-aged brews, cellared one-year.
As with all of our paired beer dinners, Monk’s Kettle Chef, Kevin Kroger, the menu is inspired by the unique flavors and brewing techniques that make up Firestone’s extraordinary line of beers. The Firestone Walker Brewery has been a pioneer in the use of barrel aging and blending. The menu for the 4th is designed to highlight and compliment the effects that these techniques have on Firestone’s higher gravity ales.