Kinetic Brewing Wins Top Prize at the Bistro Double IPA Festival
Kinetic Brewing and several other CCBA members won top honors at the 2014 Double and Triple IPA Festival at the Bistro, in Hayward.
Nationally recognized, professional judges at the fourteenth annual Bistro Double IPA festival awarded Kinetic Brewing of Lancaster the Gold Medal for their limited release Double IPA, “Afterburner.” Kinetic’s beer was in good company with 65 beers entered into competition for the top prize.
The festival’s People’s Choice award went to nearby Kern River Brewing’s “Citra IPA.” The two breweries are known to be close friends leading to speculation of a possible collaboration brew between the local medal winners, although nothing has been officially announced.
The Bistro in Hayward, California, started its Double IPA festival in 2000 and it has become one of the staple events that comprise San Francisco beer week.
- 1st Place: After Burner, Kinetic Brewing
- 2nd Place: Double Standard, Third Street Aleworks
- 3rd Place: Hop Salad, Triple Rock
- 1st Place: Compulsory, Iron Springs Pub & Brewery
- 2nd Place: Hop Craic XXXXIPA, Moylan’s Brewery
- 3rd Place: Muriqui, Monkey Paw
Peoples Choice Awards