MORE ON HEALTH BENEFITS OF CRAFT BEER…
A few highlights...
• For women, “drinking moderately lowers the risk of mental decline by 20 percent”
• For men, “there is some evidence that consuming one to two beers per day can help decrease the chances of blood clots by increasing HDL cholesterol”
• “Beer provides a quick way to get electrolytes back into the body”
• Flavonoid content makes craft beer a heart-healthy beverage
• Silicon content helps increase bone marrow density to fight osteoporosis
• Yeast contributes vitamins and essential nutrients
*These benefits may not apply to everyone and practicing moderation is key.
Beer and bread are close food relatives. When looking at the comparative benefits of craft beer vs mass-produced beer, think of whole grain bread vs white bread.
Read full article here
The CCBA sponsored an in-depth report on the health benefits of beer.
Read Beer Benefits Report HERE