New CDPH Guidance on Events and Indoor Gatherings
CDPH issued an updated blueprint and new guidance documents for private events and indoor live seated events/performances.
- Updated Blueprint: https://www.cdph.ca.gov/Programs/CID/DCDC/CDPH%20Document%20Library/COVID-19/Dimmer-Framework-September_2020.pdf
- Private Events (receptions, conferences, meetings): https://files.covid19.ca.gov/pdf/guidance-private-events–en.pdf – Distinguished from Gatherings with defined guest lists and assigned seating, capacity limitations include provisions for being able to verify testing or vaccination status.
- Indoor Live Seated Events or Performances: https://files.covid19.ca.gov/pdf/guidance-live-performances-indoor–en.pdf – Outlines conditions for indoor seated live events and entertainment with audiences.
In addition to the above event guidance, CDPH shared guidance documents focusing on gatherings based on an individual’s vaccination status, social situation, and county tier.
- Guidance for Gatherings – Applies to private gatherings – social situations that bring together people from different households at the same time in a single space. Notably, attendance for gatherings is based on county tier status for the Blueprint for a Safer Economy, unless local health departments have more restrictive measures.
- Guidance for the Fully Vaccinated – Provides guidelines for people two weeks after full vaccination. This includes:
- Spending time with other fully vaccinated people, including indoors, without wearing masks or physical distancing.
- Spending time with unvaccinated people from a single household who are at low risk for severe COVID-19 disease indoors without wearing masks or physical distancing.
- Refraining from quarantine and testing following a known exposure if asymptomatic (outside the workplace setting).