California Craft Beer Summit Brings Together Beer & Breweries from Across the Golden State
Long Beach, Calif. to host thousands of craft beer lovers and industry members for signature event in craft beer: three days of beer tastings, beer education and the largest craft beer festival on the west coast.
SACRAMENTO, Calif., April 30, 2019 – Today, the California Craft Brewers Association (CCBA) announced details for the fifth annual California Craft Beer Summit (Beer Summit), held September 12-14, 2019 at the Long Beach Convention Center and Marina Green Park. The Beer Summit is the signature event for the West Coast beer and brewing communities, bringing together thousands of craft brewers, hospitality professionals, beer distributors and beer lovers.
Early bird tickets for the Summit available on May 14 for one day, the full event or the largest beer festival on the West Coast: The Summit Beer Festival.
“The California Craft Beer Summit is the source for discovering new trends, building on innovation, exploring new relationships and, of course, tasting California’s finest beers,” said Chris Cramer, CEO & Co-Founder of San Diego’s Karl Strauss Brewing Company and Chair of the CCBA Board of Directors. “In its fifth year, the Beer Summit is going on the road to Southern California, bringing together even more of the West Coast beer industry. This is your chance as a brewer, a hospitality professional, or a beer lover to really expand your taste for craft beer and your knowledge of this vibrant industry.”
At the Beer Summit, attendees can tailor an educational experience to improve their own craft beer journey. The Beer Summit offers education for;
- Bar or restaurant owners interested in draft tech, hospitality and enhancing the consumer experience
- Brewers who want to advance technical knowledge, sustainability practices or learn more about regulatory requirements in the Golden State
- Beer lovers interested in launching into the hobby of food pairing, tasting or homebrewing
The three-day event ends in a celebration that brings in beer lovers from all across the Golden State: The Summit Beer Festival. Featuring 170 California craft breweries, this event is the largest beer festival on the West Coast, offering a chance to taste 500 special releases and hard to find beers from across California.
“With more than 170 breweries at the Summit Beer Festival this year, beer lovers have an unmatched opportunity to taste a variety of unique beers from across the state and meet the brewers who made them,” said Julian Shrago, brewmaster and co-owner of Beachwood BBQ & Brewing in Long Beach, Calif. “The Summit Beer Festival is the spotlight event for the BEST of independent California craft beer. Whether you’re an avid beer fan or just beginning to explore everything beer has to offer, you won’t want to miss the Summit!”
California Craft Beer Summit By the Facts:
- The Beer Summit offers 50 educational sessions separated into tracks for every member of the beer community, including hospitality, brewing, tasting, marketing, sustainability, distribution and leadership
- Keynote speakers at the Beer Summit include the owners of Sierra Nevada, Russian River, Ninkasi, New Belgium Brewing Co., Brooklyn Brewery and many more
- The 2019 event will celebrate the fifth anniversary of the Beer Summit and the first time the event has been held in Southern California
- The Beer Summit brings more than 6,000 attendees from across the state and nation to the event each year, with more than 60% of all attendees traveling from outside the region to attend
- More than 200 partners, exhibitors and sponsors work together to create an interactive and experience drive expo hall at the Long Beach Convention Center highlighting the ingredients, experience and equipment needed to brew beer
- The Beer Summit also marks the 30th anniversary of the California Craft Brewers Association, the nonprofit association that protects and supports the vibrant craft beer industry in California. All proceeds from the event go back to support the CCBA.
With more than 980 breweries operating across the Golden State, the California Craft Beer Summit is a mecca for all who works in beer, loves beer or wants to experience a community of craft artisans.
Tickets for the annual California Craft Beer Summit will be available at early bird rates starting May 14 at www.CACraftBeerSummit.com. Tickets options available for the full event, one day or just the Summit Beer Festival.
More information about the CCBA at www.californiacraftbeer.com.