CCBA Announces New Executive Director
The California Craft Brewers Association Board of Directors is excited to announce that after a diligent and thorough search, Lori Ajax has been selected as the new Executive Director of the California Craft Brewers Association. Ajax has a long-standing relationship with the CCBA, and has forged lasting relationships with members and staff alike. Ajax begins her tenure as Executive Director of the CCBA on January 4, 2021.
Most recently the Chief of California’s Bureau of Cannabis Control (BCC), Ajax brings a breadth of executive experience in both alcohol and cannabis. Ajax started her career in alcohol as an agent with the California Alcoholic Beverage Control (ABC) in 1995, working her way through the ranks up to the position of Chief Deputy Director where she managed many of the ABC’s day-to-day operations. Ajax served in that capacity until she was tapped by then-Governor Brown to develop and lead the State’s newly-formed BCC in 2016.
As the BCC’s first Chief, Ajax was responsible for creating and implementing California’s cannabis licensing and regulatory processes. She worked extensively with the Legislature and Governor’s offices, testified at legislative hearings, and managed diverse teams of managers and staff. After more than 25 years of public service, Ajax is excited to re-enter the world of alcohol working with craft brewers, whom she has always admired and enjoyed.
“I am honored to work with the members and staff of CCBA and look forward to continuing the legacy that my predecessor established during his incredible tenure,” said Ajax.
As he drives off into the sunset to his next outdoor adventure, the Board wishes to thank Tom McCormick for his 15 years of tireless leadership and advocacy on behalf of craft brewers throughout the State. While we will all miss McCormick, Ajax’s leadership and vision brings a new and exciting chapter to the ongoing story of the CCBA. The Board is looking forward to working closely with Ajax to further assist the CCBA in realizing its goals and mission to further connect and empower the craft brewers of California through advocacy, education, and communication.
CCBA Board of Directors
- Chair, Adair Paterno, Sante Adairius Rustic Ales
- Vice Chair, Lynne Weaver, Three Weavers Brewing Company
- Secretary/Treasurer, Jim Woods, Woods Beer & Wine Co.
- Immediate Past Chair, Chris Cramer, Karl Strauss Brewing Company
- Natalie Cilurzo, Russian River Brewing Company
- Julian Shrago, Beachwood BBQ & Brewing
- Doug Constantiner, Societe Brewing Co.
- Laurie Porter, Smog City Brewing Company
- Mike Hess, Mike Hess Brewing Co.
- (At-Large Director) Sierra Grossman, Sierra Nevada Brewing Company
- (At-Large Director) David Walker, Firestone Walker Brewing Co.